Monday, December 1, 2008

Is it really December??

When I was changing out the calendar in my classroom I was taken back that I am already putting December up. One of my precious boys told me today that this year has been shorter than last year. LOL. Kids are great! I am looking forward to the Christmas holiday, but I don't want it to just fly by. Which I am sure it will with all of the things that we have planned for December.

Lets catch up! Thanksgiving was wonderful. On Wednesday night we traveled to Booneville, Coach's hometown, to have Thanksgiving with his family. Clay was there and informed me that he was indeed resting! It was good to spend time with Grandma, Coach's 93 year old grandmother. She is an true inspiration. After dinner (gorging ourselves) and visiting with family, we came back to Fort Smith. My mom, dad and sister were at our house getting things ready for Thanksgiving Day. It is so nice to have family visit. For Thanksgiving day everyone came to my house, that's right 20 people came to MY house. The food was GREAT, and the company was even better. Every year the girls in the Bell family (my mom's side) travel to Tulsa on Thursday, so we can have a head start on Black Friday. This is more fun than I can describe! Although we didn't head out for the early specials, we did leave the hotel at 7:00. Did I mention that Tripp, my nephew, tagged along?? He was so good! He truly is the sweetest little thing. His new thing is getting his groove on. He loves to dance to Aunt B's, as in me, crazy songs. During the trip he had an awful runny nose and a pitful cough, so GG took him to the doctor today. He had a double ear infection. How sad? You definitely couldn't tell that he was sick by his temperment. My mom has some great pictures that I will try to post later.

Oh, How about those hogs? The one game that I didn't watch, beside Miss. State, and we play good. Figures! I am so proud that Casey Dick went out like he did.

This weekend we are going to start our busy December by heading to Little Rock for the Rebs State Championship game. Go Rebs!! I am hoping that I can also squeeze in a little Christmas shopping.

Tomorrow I am going to meet up with a couple of teachers that I taught with last year. I have missed them so much. I am almost giddy about it.

Later on I will share with you a craft that I have been working on!

Happy December 1st!!!

No comments: