Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oh... the lovely housework!

"Can you do this I am about to throw up?" These were the words that came out of my husbands mouth as he was cleaning the dishes, when I say cleaning the dishes I mean rinsing them off to put them in the dishwasher. My first reaction was what could he possibly be doing to make him need to throw up. You ready for my second reaction?? Why in the world would I come take over something that is making him want to throw up? Thats like when someone says "This smells awful, here you smell it." After rolling my eyes and releasing a frustrated sigh, I went to see what could be making him so sick. He was merely scrubbing the pan that we cooked the eggs in. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! He explained to me that it makes him sick to see dried eggs. Oh I'm so sorry hunny! NOT! There are just somethings that you have to get over. After looking very aggravated, I took over the sickening duty of scrubbing the dried eggs off the pan. You may be asking yourself why (I will admit that I am wondering the same).
Here are the reasons:
1. There was water everywhere. I mean everywhere. When coach cleans you need to clean up behind him.
2. He takes fffooorrreeevvveeerrr to do something. Something that takes me a max of 10 mins. to do, will take him at least 30 mins.
3. I just like the way I do things better.
Lets talk about the 3rd reason. When he is attempting to do some of the chores, I generally go behind him and redo it. I don't mean to but I just can't help myself. He has told me on numerous occasions that this is why he doesn't like to do housework (I've got news for him, I don't like to do it either). I can see where is coming from, though. Do you have trouble turning over the dreaded housework for fear that it will be done wrong (or not to your standard)? How do you handle it?

3 comments:

Krissi said...

If you go behind him and redo everything he has done, you will end up in the same boat as I am. After 10 years of marriage and doing just that same thing for the first 3, my hubby no longer even tries and I think that is even more frustrating than him doing it wrong! Especially now that we have a little one to clean up after too!! Good luck!

Dania Efird said...

HAhaha....that sounds like us! Since I stay home with the kids, Brent rarely has to do housework. It drives me crazy though b/c he puts things up in weird places in the kitchen and doesn't use the washing machine "correctly"! He does clean up well after the kids though, so I have to give him credit there.

Kristy said...

I used to be a lot more obsessive, but I have gotten better! Now we divide up the daily chores, knowing pretty much what HAS to be done... and we both have to quit at about the same time. Usually he bathes the girls while I clean the kitchen. He cleans the living room while I get things ready for the next day. There are times when I think that things could have been done better, but I bite my tongue, because he could be sitting on the couch while I do everything. Even though the kids add stress, they also made me loosen up about some of the not as important things. =)